Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 19-10-2008, 09:21 PM   #1
Mickus
Banned

Default Dodgy ebay sellers

Anyone had any incidents with dodgy sellers through ebay? About mid September I won a fairlane cluster for ED sussed out postage with the guy, he originally tried to charge me $33 for it from melbourne which didnt seem right to me so i queried it and calculated postage myself and I got $12.50 so i told him this so he changed postage to that figure and so i made the payment said he was going to post it and now nothing? Still has not arrived, wont respond to emails, ive opened up a dispute console but nothing as of yet, what the hell can i do?

Mickus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-10-2008, 09:26 PM   #2
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

If the seller don't reply to the dispute ebay will give you his details phone number.
Never wait to long to open up a dispute some sellers try and wait you out of the time to lodge a dispute or a pay pal claim, they keep talking sh#t and telling lies.
Did you pay with pay pal? if so you will get a refund as long as your claim is lodged inside the claim time frame.

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
SpoolMan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-10-2008, 09:32 PM   #3
Mickus
Banned

No I paid by bank deposit :(

How long is it open for? Apparently I can contact ebay after 10 days if the seller doesnt respond.
Old 19-10-2008, 09:39 PM   #4
naddis01
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

You are doing the right things. I bought an autometer gauge through ebay. I cant remember how much I paid. I think it was about $200 which at the time I thought was good as the RRP is about $400+. Anyway when I got it, it was not new as he said and was a mechanical gauge not electric as described. Anyway at first he ignored me so I opened a dispute and eventually I got my money back.

So just keep on it and you should either get your item or your money back. I paid bank deposit so dont worry about that. After the 10 days (cos you wont hear from them probably) contact Ebay
naddis01 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-10-2008, 09:57 PM   #5
Mickus
Banned

wow that makes me feel a lot better, its ten days on tuesday so i might just wait it out till then, I managed to get his phone number but havnt called him yet.
Old 19-10-2008, 10:04 PM   #6
Ladiesman217
I can count to potato!

If you didn't use PayPal you're screwed. Sorry.. Just because eBay will release to you the seller's detail's doesn't mean you're 100% guaranteed to get either the item or your money back. All eBayer's have to use PayPal so this crap doesn't happen. But still, good luck with it all, you might just be one of the lucky ones to get your money back.

Ladiesman217 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-10-2008, 08:09 AM   #7
falconboy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

As much as I hate Paypal and its fees, from a buyers point of view, its perfect. No fees for buyers, and paypal protection if you don't receive the goods (if they can't show proof of posting).
Old 20-10-2008, 09:09 AM   #8
birdman941
Boss equipped 2004 Cobra

As many here might know, it looks as though I was also scammed on Ebay.
If they give you any excuses, contact Ebay right away.
There are some people who sell on Ebay who are very arrogant,
and think it is their private scammers bank account.
They think they are really slick, but they get theirs in the end.
Get on it right away so you don't get ripped off by some lowlife.
Good luck with your situation.
404 HP
387 lb./ft. torque NA

301Kw/525 Nm. at the wheels
Need parts from the States? PM me
Happy to help
birdman941 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-10-2008, 09:11 PM   #9
Mickus
Banned

yeah ill go through ebay tomorrow hopefully it gets sorted! i want my nl cluster or at the very least my money back!
Old 20-10-2008, 11:01 PM   #10
LOCO XP
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I was burnt rather savagely by a seller back in 2004. I purchased a rather rare dragster pushbike frame for $200 from this so-and-so in Melbourne. He was fine to wait a couple of weeks so that I could arrange pick up. He later offered a second bike, complete with all the trick '70s outside of eBay for $200 which I obliged and paid in full. When it came time to pick up my purchases I sent my uncle to meet him, who waited at the stated place and the guy was a no-show. The re-scheduled a meet up, and same thing again. My uncle got upset by this and said he would no longer assist, so I arranged a friend from Melbourne to do the job. Over the period of a couple of months, the seller got rather prickly, and blamed me for all the hassle, stated that the bikes were in storage, and had the audacity to that his costs of storage absorbed what I had paid. By then, it was too late to pursue a formal enquiry. Ever since I only use paypal. I would love to post the sellers name....
LOCO XP is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-10-2008, 05:21 PM   #11
Mickus
Banned

you should so people can be weary of him in the future.

ive filed my complaint with ebays trust and safety team so hopefully something comes out of it. ive tried calling the guy but he is always 'not home'. His ebay username is Babosh50.
Old 24-10-2008, 05:50 PM   #12
WindsorXR
FGII XR6, Focus Sport, XR

If you paid by netbanking you can call up your bank and for a $25 fee you can withdraw the money back from their account.
My girlfriend works at Comm bank and she got scammed a few months ago, she found out that she could get it back from their account going through the bank, so give it a try. She got her money back and it means that the ebay seller doesn't get any of it. And hopefully when it comes out he goes into debt and has to pay more fees just to rub it in!!hehehe!

Hope this help mate

2011 Purple FGII XR6
2016 LZ Focus Sport

BA XR8 Build Thread (SOLD)
1966 XR Falcon Build Thread
WindsorXR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-10-2008, 12:04 AM   #13
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I will say that PayPal is great.
Yes, as a seller there are costs involved, but unlike Bank Deposit, refunds are easier to gain when people screw you over.

I was anti-Paypal, but now that I used it, I appreciate it, even if there is a delay in the transaction (I only do e-cheques as I do not have a credit card).

Don't snap my undies.
uranium_death is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-10-2008, 12:11 AM   #14
xr8 007
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I've used ebay a number of times and bought heaps of items from around the world and Australia with no delay or problems.
I recentley purchased a expensive PS3, and paid it through paypal. I have e-mailed the guy and still no, response as the item has not been received. How hard and how long does it take to get a refund. The seller seemed legit, and was from melbourne so i though it would all be sweet. Really frustrating. I hope i havent lost my 600 bucks.

fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11247663
xr8 007 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post