Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 31-07-2008, 09:02 PM   #1
smally289
growing up is optional

Default NAB, where's my wages?!?

Anyone else here get stuffed around by the NAB this week as far as your wages not going into your account when they should?
My pay normally goes in on a tuesday night, but not this week. Due to some 'software glitch' I still haven't been paid, and it thursday night!
Not happy jan! :

smally289 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-07-2008, 09:20 PM   #2
Hunter
Ex EL Falcon

Yeah this problem hit our workplace big time... not just NAB but other banks and credit unions too. Finance dept said they'd disbursed the pays properly and that it was the banks that f-ed up. They also said it would affect commcrap but mine came through although it just credited my account, didn't show up on the statement.
Old 01-08-2008, 07:35 AM   #3
tpintas

The wife's pay was in the same situation as Hunter. Money credited Wednesday morning and appeared on balance, but no description on statement until Thursday.
NAB to Comm.
tpintas is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-08-2008, 07:47 AM   #4
nugget378
Weezland

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to impart knowledge in the technical areas. 

Girlfriend had the same happen this week with nab,but thats what savings are for...
nugget378 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-08-2008, 08:16 AM   #5
XR6_661
Cane Farmer

Yeah, had the same happen here in Cairns Regional Council. Was very disgruntled.

1994 ED XR6T - Cobalt Blue.

2009 FG XR6 - Black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex
I couldn't give a crap how many are in their family, what gay passtimes they paticipate in, or whether they have a cat, dog or a freaken fish.

Keep your stinking family to yourself god damn it.
XR6_661 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-08-2008, 08:22 AM   #6
ieatsports_cars
proud member of the MFCC

yes had the same problem with NAB ! was very cranky ! they should offer us money for inconvidence LMAO yeah a lot of people in queensland health wernt to happy at the time :-( at least we have our hard earnt money now :-)
ieatsports_cars is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-08-2008, 08:27 AM   #7
smally289
growing up is optional

Quote:
Originally Posted by nugget378
Girlfriend had the same happen this week with nab,but thats what savings are for...
Im still waiting!
I don't keep a lot of money in the account my wages go into, but I use it to pay bills etc. Savings go into investments that earn me more interest, but I can't easily pull it out. More to the point, I don't want to!
smally289 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-08-2008, 08:51 AM   #8
Hunter
Ex EL Falcon

This must be a big problem for people who have their wage credited directly to their home loan - wonder if their bank/lender will cut them slack - doubt it! (bastards)
Old 01-08-2008, 08:57 AM   #9
ieatsports_cars
proud member of the MFCC

Quote:
Originally Posted by smally351
Im still waiting!
I don't keep a lot of money in the account my wages go into, but I use it to pay bills etc. Savings go into investments that earn me more interest, but I can't easily pull it out. More to the point, I don't want to!
same here i have my account , and i have another account that earn interest ! why should we as customers have to take out that money becasue of just a stuff up that happend in the system some where ,i rang up the nab i told my sitsuation and they basiclly told me to deal with it ? but it alright for them to charge a 30 dollar fee because you have gone debit in your bank account ??

Last edited by ieatsports_cars; 01-08-2008 at 09:03 AM.
Old 01-08-2008, 09:39 AM   #10
twr7cx

Quote:
Originally Posted by ieatsports_cars
same here i have my account , and i have another account that earn interest ! why should we as customers have to take out that money becasue of just a stuff up that happend in the system some where ,i rang up the nab i told my sitsuation and they basiclly told me to deal with it ? but it alright for them to charge a 30 dollar fee because you have gone debit in your bank account ??
It sucks but it happens, in reality deal with it the the honest answer to the winging - what did you really expect them to do? Give there money away? As long as there are humans involved somewhere in the process things will always go wrong. In this case there's humans involved in the inputs processes and human made software. It's not like it happens that reguarly. You'd have to have a great interest rate, and a big wage, to have the lost interest for a 24 hour period as something you'd waste you time complaining about. Besides, if the bank compensates everyone for this, then all that will happen is they'll recuperate it through there fees, so you might feel better now, and just get stung later on.
Old 01-08-2008, 09:40 AM   #11
XR6-VCT-2000
Fantastic Plastic

Something like this is a good reason why they should bring back in a choice where you can either be payed into the bank or payed cash in hand like good old days!. But ohhhhhhhh nooooooo - the government wouldn't want a chance of an employer paying cash in hand with no taxes, they'de rather we have no choice and get stiffed along the way by the banks, such as in bank fees and situations like this.

Years back I was strapped for cash pretty hard and literaly waited on my pay each week counting the days as i was so broke. If something like this situation you guys are describing happened to me back then I would of been fuming ! , I would of been fueless for a day (meaning i can't get to work to earn money ), I would of been foodless for the day, would of had debt collectors ringing me non stop all day, be charged extra fees for late payments, the list goes on , what an inconvenience for people who are in this situation atm. Banks realy need to get their act together !.

:eclipsee_
XR6-VCT-2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-08-2008, 09:46 AM   #12
ieatsports_cars
proud member of the MFCC

yes i agree it does happen and it suks ! i wasnt trying to winge but i got slumped with a 30 dollar fee but that is life what is another expense that we have to pay for i do feel a bit better now and thank you for putting thing into perpective for me !
Old 01-08-2008, 09:53 AM   #13
Plugg3r
Bogan w/ Wheels?

In this case i'd ask them for interest, they've had my money in there hands for 2 days so a 12% interest rate would be fair.

Hey they do to us if someone takes money out of our account and we don't have the funds.
Old 01-08-2008, 10:02 AM   #14
SB076
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plugg3r
In this case i'd ask them for interest, they've had my money in there hands for 2 days so a 12% interest rate would be fair.

Hey they do to us if someone takes money out of our account and we don't have the funds.
Actually to make it even you would have to charge them a penalty fee of $250, plus an adminstration fee, plus charge them for any correspondence then to top if all off you need to charge them for government and stat fees.

with Sunroof and tinted windows
with out all the go fast bits I actually need :
SB076 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-08-2008, 02:55 PM   #15
deesun
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

From what I heard the money was in the accounts but just not showing on statements. A few people i spoke to all said the same,if they had rung the bank the bank said money was there but just not on statements. When transfering money to pay bills etc its not a bad idea to have the money come out at least 1 day after pays go in so as to compensate for days like this inc public hols. I get paid on a tuesday night but nothing is scheduled to come out till thurs night.
Old 01-08-2008, 09:11 PM   #16
ieatsports_cars
proud member of the MFCC

! my money wasnt in there at all till thursday afternoon !
Old 02-08-2008, 01:51 AM   #17
Airmon
King of the Fairy's.

This explains alot!
Airmon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-08-2008, 10:33 PM   #18
twr7cx

Quote:
Originally Posted by ieatsports_cars
yes i agree it does happen and it suks ! i wasnt trying to winge but i got slumped with a 30 dollar fee but that is life what is another expense that we have to pay for i do feel a bit better now and thank you for putting thing into perpective for me !
Call your local branch, they've been refunding fees that are directly related/caused by there fault. e.g. if you've got a fee from a third party because you didn't pay them, then they won't do anything for you.
Old 02-08-2008, 10:39 PM   #19
ieatsports_cars
proud member of the MFCC

ok thank you so much twr7cx you proberly helped me to get my fees back that they took out because of it ! i didnt tell you guys on thursday when i got my nice pay check after all the over time i just did i got my tax back so i got it all at one big hit :-)