Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 24-08-2010, 09:34 PM   #31
azza11
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Lookin good.............bitchinnnn!!!

AZZA
Old 25-08-2010, 11:35 AM   #32
grandpa_spec_F6
AFF Whore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Agreed with The Monty, give it a month, mine weren't that great (SL's) but after a month they sat pretty much level on the tyre. Glad I didn't go SSL's as my diff has already been used as an excavation tool on some nasty ungraded dirt roads
My GMC Sierra is banned under Victoria's high powered vehicle laws, and its a 4082kg apartment complex on wheels.
Current Ride: Not a falcon, the struggle is real
grandpa_spec_F6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-08-2010, 12:37 PM   #33
my67xr
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: This contribution: 04 SX TX AWD, drama's replacing upper outer joints w/Nolathane replacements 

a lot of people complain the rear doesnt go down low enough in the earlier e series too.
but when they fit the new lowered springs they forget to undo the control arm bolts and bounce the car to let it settle,
the bushes in the control arms were originally tightened at standard height and with the lower springs in the bushes are actually holding the rear up a bit. the bushes can fail from being 'loaded' up like this.
setting over a month is sometimes the rubber delaminating from the bush

the control arm bolts can be tightened once the car is sitting with its full weight on the rear springs/wheels.
best off done on ramps or a drive on hoist.

click below to view my build threads
67 XR Fairmont
04 SX TX Territory AWD

my67xr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-08-2010, 02:19 PM   #34
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Well thought out and constructive posts.  A real credit to this forum. 

agree with Craig (my67xr) adjusting the rear control arm bolts to allow the diff to settle on the new springs is a must when changing the rear springs. I didn't fit my springs personally but I know mine were fit that way and the car settled almost immediately afterward. Then about a week later the car dropped in height another 5mm or so.

2022 Mazda CX5 GTSP Turbo

2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Highlander

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2021 Subaru Outback Sport
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 AU2 75th Anniversary Futura
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1984 Datsun Bluebird Wagon
1975 Honda Civic
blueoval is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-08-2010, 08:13 PM   #35
EV1LXR8

so i just get the car off the ground and loosen the lower control arm bolts, let the car down and bounce it a bit then tighten them up again? right?
EV1LXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-08-2010, 09:33 PM   #36
my67xr
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: This contribution: 04 SX TX AWD, drama's replacing upper outer joints w/Nolathane replacements 

im guessing no irs?
upper and lower arms need to be loosened, then bounce the body a few times, get in the boot and jump up and down
the wheels need to be on the ground or on ramps or do it over a pit when u tighten the bolts up again

click below to view my build threads
67 XR Fairmont
04 SX TX Territory AWD

my67xr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-08-2010, 09:26 PM   #37
EV1LXR8

na i have irs im just gonna do the lower arms see if it makes a difference
EV1LXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post