Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 19-04-2008, 09:51 PM   #31
OLDFORDNUT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

ive been held to ransome twice by buyers using my Paypal, once i lost $120 the other time i sold a XY GT wheel with pad and buyer broke hard plastic under pad cover when pulling it apart,i had another pad so sent it at my cost and 2 weeks later i recieved my money minus about $40 in fees and found what buyer had done removing centre the rough way, i sent him a centre worth around $350 and got back one that was worth about the same when sent but only worth $195 when resold with the broken plastic.sellers have zero protection with paypal, buyers have some great power at there disposal that is not very fair
OLDFORDNUT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-04-2008, 08:40 PM   #32
fpr_esp
351 xe s pac

Thumbs down

this is all a ploy on feebays behalf to make extra money as 3-4 weeks ago i kept getting spammed by feebay that i had $20 in a paypal account as a gift from feebay and all i had to do to get my hands on it was sign up for a paypal account.

but i dont like paypal it smells of danger never liked the idea of paypal never will has pros and cons like all things prefer bank deposit myself or cash on pick up,

im just curious how many other feebay users got an email like mine then what do you know bam thier only gunna do paypal, also the email said i had 2 weeks to take the offer before it expired i got about 10 of the same emails.

more like they had a sign up campaign to suck in all unsuspecting users then break the bad news i for one will give ebay the *** that or i will message the seller before i buy/bid and ask if they do bank deposit on the sly.

kind of reminds me of the time iinet asked me to cough up an extra $20 per month if i wanna keep my 1.5k connection because telstra hit them with more fees its xtortion. fu iinet and a big fu ebay.
Old 21-04-2008, 08:47 PM   #33
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by fpr_esp
this is all a ploy on feebays behalf to make extra money as 3-4 weeks ago i kept getting spammed by feebay that i had $20 in a paypal account as a gift from feebay and all i had to do to get my hands on it was sign up for a paypal account.
Got the same emails, didn't put 1 and 1 together. Emails offering me free money get deleted pretty quickly 'round ere.
Rodp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-04-2008, 08:57 PM   #34
Paull
P6 LTD

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For all the hard work performed around paint, trim, engine codes in the Classics section. General all round knwoledge and willingness to impart on others 

Same as above. I was offered $50 but as mentioned before; free money = pigs !. Delete button got used every time they sent the same email. Not sure how many times but it was quite a few. And no, am not signing to Paypal ever!
Paull is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-04-2008, 08:57 PM   #35
fpr_esp
351 xe s pac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodp
Got the same emails, didn't put 1 and 1 together. Emails offering me free money get deleted pretty quickly 'round ere.

exzactly same here i read the 1st one then kept deleting the rest as they came.
Old 21-04-2008, 08:58 PM   #36
XRQTOR
Banned

Iv'e sold over 1ook's worth of parts and think this is a profit venture and nothing more, i havent been touched on ebay as yet but if it's to good to be true it usually is. If you think there; ssomething sus report it, usually it is.

Atm paypal & ebay fee's cot's you about 7%, doesnt sound like much till you sell a 12k engine.
XRQTOR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-04-2008, 10:50 PM   #37
fpr_esp
351 xe s pac

i just got another email today by ebay trying to entice me in paypal this time to win an ipod.

i have to make a payment on the 2nd of may using paypal to go in the draw to win the ipod and the more i use paypal the more chances i have of winning 1 in 1000 ipods.

give it up ebay i aint touching ya paypal.