Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 26-06-2006, 05:13 PM   #31
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Here is the forst mod a camry driver should do!

vztrt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-06-2006, 05:32 PM   #32
DOC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Full Noise
Good point. These cars are targeted at a particular type of buyer, usually Asian, old, incompetent or easily fooled. That’s why they have the Sportivo. The easily fooled actually think they’re sporty.
Dang, I'm never going to live down buying this sportivo, so many things about them, your a moron, easily fooled or imcompitent, drive like a Nanna, i dont know if i fall into the group that appreciates a well designed car or i just don't know anything about them ? apparantly i should drive in the right hand lane @ 30kpm, and then jump up and down like an idiot amongst other things.

It's painful in the mornings when i get up, i look in the mirror and ask myself why i bought 2 xr8's as they dont fit my profile as described , so i have decided it's hard living a double life and need to sell the XR.
DOC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-06-2006, 06:18 PM   #33
DOC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

So Scary, ( This is a real deal story ), After writing the above ( all in fun ), the wife say's to me the car needs some fuel ( the camry ), she is cooking tea so i said no worries i will run down and fuel up for you.

Coming out from payng the bill and getting into the car, i noticed a guy sitting in the car across from me, but took no notice then after getting into the car and starting up, i notice him again out the corner of my eye, this time he was out of the car ( next to / across from the passenger side front door ), now guess what this tozzer was doing ?
He was giving me little ducky waves, smiling and blowin little kisses at me ( for real ), now short of taking up my old ways and getting out and smackin this guy i just told him to fly off, ( in different words ).

Drove home not believing this sheite, the camry is for sale as from now apparantly they are left handed as well, but guess what he was driving ? yep a Ford XF. so im selling the XR as well, and buying pushbikes from here on in.
DOC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-06-2006, 06:48 PM   #34
aimzes
...fairly odd

******in camry drivers... i was following this person in one on sat morning. now some of us joke about how they sit well under the speed limit, she was sitting on 40 (yeah its only 10k under) but f n h! ive got s**t to do. i cant overtake cause theres traffic coming the other way so i sit behind this person for about 3-4 k's....

...with my horn blaring.

so shes stuck on 40, we aproach an intersection which is green but turns red as we almost reach it. nothing and i repeat nothing p***** me off more than this.

does she brake? nope. she sits on 40 through a red light. wtf? she must have sliped into a coma. volvo drivers look out, camry owners are taking over.
aimzes is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-06-2006, 07:48 PM   #35
new2ford
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Get a hold of yourself DOC. You've got the advantage of Toyota quality and long term reliability over us Ford types. Just drive around flat out (as long as you don't go round a corner too fast or hit the brakes too late). Do your bit to destroy the myth!