Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 27-02-2006, 04:09 PM   #1
[Tonko]
What's green is gold

Default need help with my EA

my EA fairmont is giving me the absolute sh**s for some reason, it will get stuck on about 1400 rpm and i have to hold in the brakes to keep around the speed limit...it dosent stop when i do so the brakes have to be nearly to the floor when i stop at lights.. it goes down really slowly but if i put it into park the revs jump to about 3000rpm and very slowly descends....if i turn it off too early (with revs too high) it shakes and rattles and blows smoke... there is also a burning smell (probly the brakes) if anyone knows anything that can help that would be great... it will also stop me from pushing it into a river..

[Tonko] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-02-2006, 04:30 PM   #2
Aaron_EF8
Oops, I slipped....

Some more information on the car would be handy. Can't really diagnose anything atm.

I'll have a wild stab in the dark, and say the ISC needs cleaning.

1984 XE S-Pack 250 Sno White - LPG - Single Rail - 2.5" Exhaust

"Just because you don't understand something, does not make it wrong"

Aaron_EF8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-02-2006, 04:38 PM   #3
EA_Bender
Hmmm Gold!!!

perhaps a vacuum hose that runs into the manifold? i know i left mine off one day and revving like nothing else... just an idea, but yeah, little more info would be good, its it cfi, mpfi?

bender
1990 EA Series 2 Fairmont, Low Springs and shocks, 17 x 7 Advanti Flash Mags running on Falken rubber :, EL XR8 Sway Bars, NGK Iridium Plugs, New Trip Comp, Pacemaker 4480, 2.5 system 4L ED engine with surecam

Now Sporting - OED666's 202+ RWHP engine!! :dj: fully
EA_Bender is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-02-2006, 05:16 PM   #4
ilsautomotive
Former E-Series Member

I have heard of throttle cables getting stuck. Also could be the Throttle Position Sensor.
ilsautomotive is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-02-2006, 05:47 PM   #5
locknut

Quote:
Originally Posted by EA_Bender
perhaps a vacuum hose that runs into the manifold? i know i left mine off one day and revving like nothing else... just an idea, but yeah, little more info would be good, its it cfi, mpfi?

bender
^^I bet this guy is on the cards.. Mine was doing this recently, and it was the bigger hose comming off the PCV Valve towards the front of the rocker cover, refitted ( I also replaced the grommet from FORD, $3, as it was melted) and my rev's dropped back down to 800ish.
locknut is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-02-2006, 03:27 PM   #6
[Tonko]
What's green is gold

trouty, its single point , carbied... i'll go check the hoses... thans alot for everyones help... no doubt it will ИИИИ itself some time soon...
[Tonko] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-03-2006, 07:21 PM   #7
GLI-PSI
Boosting

i have never seen a carbi with 2 injectors inside......
GLI-PSI is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-03-2006, 07:35 PM   #8
Aaron_EF8
Oops, I slipped....

Look at an EA CFI setup, then you can say you have seen one

1984 XE S-Pack 250 Sno White - LPG - Single Rail - 2.5" Exhaust

"Just because you don't understand something, does not make it wrong"

Aaron_EF8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post