Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 08-02-2009, 02:26 PM   #1
Hardtopxb
Once PHASED.

Default Weather in Australia..North/South

I just got off the phone from my daughter in law who lives in Wodonga(VIC).. She tells me she can't see two houses up the street because of the heavy smoke blowing in from the south and it's 44deg under her back veranda,she has her air con going and the smoke is still getting inside and the family is having difficulty breathing and the dog is showing signs of distress.. I live in Townsville and it's raining steadily,the sky is nothing but cloud,the temp is 27deg with 75% humidity, there is water laying everywhere, the Ross River dam is overflowing at the rate of 38.000 ltrs a minute, there are 2 ducks frollicking in my back yard(it's like a lake out there)my cat is on it's back legs in the air blissfully asleep..What a diverse country we live in..

Old 08-02-2009, 03:33 PM   #2
pauljh74
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Our states should swap weather - although it's much nicer today in Vic, but we could do with some rain.
Not bad for a #2 driver
Mark Webber after winning the 2010 British Grand Prix.
pauljh74 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-02-2009, 03:52 PM   #3
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

What is the world coming to with all this weather going on
Old 08-02-2009, 04:06 PM   #4
FrogInASock
Getahaircutandgetarealjob

Comparing the incredibly parched state of NSW, Victoria and South Australia with the floods all over Queensland (and even the normal wet season), it DISGUSTS me that several Governments haven't put more thought into somehow diverting that water into natural and/or man made waterways, then on to the Barwon and Darling Rivers. When we're talking about the survival of farms, livelihoods by the hundred, indeed the very lifestyle that Australia was built on (and, of course, crops and livestock), money should be no object.

They built a 600+km pipeline from Kalgroolie (sp?) to the coast so the outback city could have fresh water. This was done in the early 1900's. It CAN be done.
Old 08-02-2009, 05:10 PM   #5
xtremerus
FG XR6T trayback

One word says why it wouldn't happen today

GREENIES

The Snowy Mt. scheme would not get off the ground, if it had been proposed in 2009.
xtremerus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post